About Cycling Swami
Cycling Swami is here to provide beginner and intermediate cyclists a community of riders that:
- enjoy riding
- help each other perfect our skills
- work together to learn new skills that build confidence and make us stronger riders
- participate in great events to grow the sport of cycling
Cycling Swami offers an A to Z approach: from buying your first bike, bike fit, learning how to ride properly, to increase fitness and distance, to racing if you so choose. From road bikes, mountain bikes, triathlons and even teaching the youngest to ride their first bike, Cycling Swami wants everyone to enjoy the fun that a bicycle brings to their life.
Michael Bowker is the guy behind the Swami vision. Michael has been riding bikes since he was 4, from BMX when he was 7, to present day racer, bicycles continue to be a core part of his life.
- at the age of 17, competed in his first MS150
- twice completed Team in Training’s America most beautiful bike ride. One year as a participant, and the next year as a Coach.
- Competed in Olympic distance triathlons
- Completed 2 marathons
- Competed in the 24 HR challenge riding over 400 miles in a 24 hr period
- Completed the LA Wheelman Double Century of 200 miles
- Atended numerous training camps for cyclist including the same camp roads as Pro Cycling team BMC in Agoura Hills, Ca.
Michael has the patience to teach anyone young or small and believes in building on skills one at a time. He will make a custom training schedule tailored to your needs and your goals no matter how big or small. Are you ready for the fun of riding you bicycle to begin?